Crown Relocations: A global relocations company increases its sales capability
Crown Relocations is part of the Crown Worldwide Group – a leader in global mobility, relocation services, information management and high value logistics.
Crown lacked an effective survey tool to equip its frontline sales team.
Crown partnered Bamboo to develop an innovative tool for the iPad. This user friendly tool enables Crown sales consultants to effortlessly survey the household contents of an individual or family who is planning to move.
The tool allows the consultant to collect more accurate information and spend more time interacting with the customer.
Crown wanted to provide better customers service through this innovation.
The system had to meet the following requirements:
- Reflect Crown’s commitment to high quality and professionalism.
- Introduce process efficiencies and reduce paper use.
- As Crown serves customers from more than 250 locations in 55 countries, the application must be customizable to meet the varying demands of different locations.
- Leverage the multimedia capabilities of the iPad to showcase content that assists in the sales process including sales presentations, brochures and videos.
- Integrate seamlessly with Crown’s core relocation application.
- Meet security requirements.
Bamboo worked with Crown to define this project with multiple phases and deliverables to ensure that the system went live on time and that new requirements could be continuously incorporated into the system.
Bamboo used its proprietary Project Management Tool (PMT), which provided excellent client/vendor collaboration and transparency into current project status. This was especially helpful because the project was required to be implemented within a tight timeframe.
Bamboo is also responsible for developing and maintaining Crown’s relocation applications and therefore has a clear understanding of the business which enabled the Bamboo project team to define a very clear architecture for the integration of the iPad system and the core system using a secure encrypted data transfer protocol.
User friendliness is one of the key elements of the project’s success and Bamboo appointed experienced UI experts to collaborate with Crown employees and understand their usability requirements. These requirements were incorporated into the workflows and page layout designs.
- A password-protected login and 24/7 access to data.
- iPad native controls and HTML controls are integrated together in the system to provide the best user experience.
- A standardized XML data transfer format has been used for the data transfer between the iPad client Java-based server component. Encryption techniques have been used to meet Crown’s security requirements.
- Flexible data structure definitions have been implemented in the iPad client to ensure the system can cater to special requirements, such as allowing sales consultants to add an urgent survey task even if the iPad is unable to access the core system at the time.
- The survey system can be customizable to meet the varying demands of different locations.
The new iPad application allows Crown sales consultants to effortlessly survey the contents of a move. Its ease of use allows consultants to collect more accurate information and spend more time interacting with the customer. This has led to increase in the rate of conversions of prospects to customers.
With easy and secure integration into business environments and a robust platform, Crown sales consultants can collaborate with colleagues, deliver and display presentations, and access, create and share business information.
With our solution, Crown is able to track key business metrics, read and edit survey information remotely, review and manage sales proposals, organize survey plans. The system seamlessly integrates with Crown’s core relocation application to wirelessly synchronize survey appointments and survey results.
“Crown engaged Bamboo to create an iPad application for our front line sales team. The results were a high quality, user friendly tool that exceeded our expectations and was delivered incredibly quickly."
Group Vice President, IT
Crown Worldwide Group